Monthly Archive for May 2011
Homemade Dried Lime Tea
Slightly sour and aromatic flavor of dried lime tea.
1. Dried limes is break into several pieces.
2. Boiled 4 cups water and the lime pieces in saucepan and add in sugar and stir until dissolve.
3. Simmer and reduce heat to medium for a 5 minutes.
4.Let it a bit cool and strain out with cheesecloth.
5.The dried lime tea is ready to serve.
Please read more at: http://www.malaysiafruit.com/lime/driedlime.php
Homemade Lime Wine
Yeast nutrient:5 gallons
Pectic enzyme:5 gallons
Potassium metabisulfite:1/2 teaspoon
Lime zest:1 cup
Acid blend: 1 teaspoon
1. Sanitize a 5 gallon carboy.
2. Lime juice is add in to carboy.
3. Add potassium metabisulfite.
4. Heated water is add in with sugar. Sugar is stir untill dissolve.
5. Acid level is checked. Add in water until desired acid level reached. Adding in sugar to raise the brix level.
6. After acid and brix desired level reached, add in pectic enzyme, acid blend and yeast.
7. Check and fit the airlock time to time.
8. Let ferment for 7 days.
9. Potassium is add in after 7 days to stop fermentation
10. .Let it until clear fermentation and rack.
11. The wine is ready.
Please read more at: http://www.malaysiafruit.com/lime/wine.php
1.Squeeze out the lime juice.
2.Sugar is dissolve in water.
3.Lime juice is add into water.
4.Add in ice cubes.
The lime juice is ready to serve.
Please read more at: http://www.malaysiafruit.com/lime/juice.php
Health Benefits of Lime Fruit
The lime consist multiple natural minerals. The health benefits of lime include cue or allevia skin care, eye care, weight loss, good digestion, relief from constipation and treatment of scurvy, piles, peptic ulcer, respiratory disorders, gout, gums.
1. Lime is helping cure for scurvy, the disease which is caused due to less of vitamin C in body and characterized by frequent infections with cough and cold, cracked lips and lip corners, ulcers in tongue and mouth.
2.The vitamin C in body increases the body’s resistance to disease, aids the healing of wounds and prevents damage to the eyes.
3.Vitamin C prevents decay and loosening of the teeth, toothache, dental caries, fragility of bones, bleeding of the gums.
4.Oil ectracted from lime used in anti congestive medicines such as balm and vaporizers.
5.Vitamin C and flavonoids in lime reservoir of anti oxidant and detoxifier. It is helping in cure of gout.
6.The citric acid in fruit is excellent fat burner and help tothose aim to weight loss.
Please read more at: http://www.malaysiafruit.com/lime/benefits.php
The health benefits of lime include skin care, eye care, weight loss, good digestion, relief from constipation, and treatment of scurvy, piles, peptic ulcer, respiratory disorders, gout, gums.
Nutritional value per 100 g
Vitamin C 29 mg
Energy 126 kJ
Dietary fiber 3g
Please read more at: http://www.malaysiafruit.com/lime/lime.php
The lime scientific name is Citrus Aurantifolia from family Rutaceae. The lime is oval or nearly round, while young it is green in color and become yellow while mature. The diameter is 3 to 5 cm. The fruit taste containing sweet sour and acidic pulp. The lime is similar to lemon but usually sweeter, the rind and smaller than lemon. Limes are produce through out a year.
Other members of the Citrus genus include grapefruit, citrons, oranges, pomelo and mandarins. Limes are a small citrus fruit, where the skin and flesh are green in color and which have an oval or round shape with a diameter between 3 to 5 cm. Limes can either be sour or sweet.
Please read more at:http://www.malaysiafruit.com/lime/lime.php